09 May Memorial Day Weekend on Long Island’s East End
May is finally here, and that means Memorial Day is just around the corner! Memorial Day Weekend is the first celebration of the summer season, and we’ve been anxiously awaiting summertime after this torturous, blizzard-filled winter.
Although it’s still a few weeks away, we’re so excited about the events to come that we wanted to start spreading the word now. In addition to the release of our new Spring/Summer Menu, we’ll be having a ton of talented, local artists coming to Bistro 72 to provide us with some great tunes.
The Memorial Day Weekend Line Up
On Wednesday, May 21, we’ll be hosting singer and pianist Lydia Sabosto, one of our regular favorites. She’ll be singing rock, country, pop, and Broadway songs—a great middle-of-the-week reprieve to hold you over ‘til the weekend!
On Thursday, May 22, we’ll welcome Dinny Keg, who will delight us with some classic Irish tunes, including some hits from U2.
On Friday, May 23, Cassie House will help us drift into the weekend with her acoustic folk tunes. Something soft and sweet to really get us in the summer spirit!
On Saturday, May 24, coming off of his newest CD release, Robert Bruey will be playing his earthy, soulful songs for us.
On Sunday, May 25, Our friend Jeff LeBlanc will be bringing our Memorial Day celebration home with his sweet melodies—a Bistro 72 favorite!
In addition to the great musical line up we have planned, we’re excited about our new seasonal dishes that we’re introducing!
This Season We’ll be Serving
- Monk Fish – lemon butter, roasted with sweet peppers, artichokes and spicy tomatoes, and basmati rice
- Cioppino – mussels, clams, scallops, mahi mahi, white win butter broth, and grilled baguette crostini
- Mahi Mahi – pan seared with carrot ginger puree, vegetable ragout, and basmati rice
- Linguini and Clams – Eastern Long Island little neck clams, herb white wine sauce, and grilled baguette crostini
- Chickpea Encrusted Chicken Milanese – spring mix, diced tomatoes, crumbled feta, and balsamic dressing – Chef James’ signature dish that was recently featured on FIOS1’s Restaurant Hunter!
As everyone knows, we love the local wine, beer, and spirits that are made fresh on Long Island’s East End, so this season we’re featuring some of the area’s bests!
Our Seasonal Featured Local Wines
- Laurel Lake Syrah 2011 – Mattituck, NY
- One Woman Wines Chardonnay 2010 – Southold, NY
- Raphael Vineyards La Tavola White – Peconic, NY
We look forward to seeing you all on Memorial Day Weekend, and throughout the wonderful summer season to follow! Keep up with us on our Facebook page for all of the events taking place at Bistro 72 and Hotel Indigo East End!